Thursday, March 19, 2009

Victory (sorta)!

I was victorious in a 2,000-point game vs. Tau earlier today (because my brother wasn't here, I had to play both sides). When playing Tau I tried my best to beat the Guard, which resulted in a narrow Guard victory (2 captured objectives to 0). If my Armored Fist squads had taken only a few more wounds, it would have been a draw at best (out of 4 infantry squads, 2 each of Platoon and Fist, I was reduced to 4 Fists in two squads). The thing that sealed the deal was when my Outflanking Sentinels (Heavy Flamers and Hunter-Killer Missiles) wiped out his two Fire Warrior squads sitting on the objective. I have come to the conclusion that Deep-Striking Gun Drone squadrons are death from above to infantry squads.

I also beat Tau in a 400-point Combat Patrol. Armored Fists seem to be death to Fire Warriors.

Current Record:
Total: 2-0-0
vs. Tau: 2-0-0
Win/Loss Ratio: 2:1
vs. Tau: 2:1

No comments:

Post a Comment