Thursday, April 9, 2009

1,500 points vs. Tau (Vassal): VICTORY

Played against someone called Orhanuva today in a vassal 1,500 point game playing the Capture & Control mission (defend your objective, yay! :D) using the Dawn of War deployment (Every game I've played using DoW has either been a defeat or a draw. :( ). Apparently we were fighting over a sewage treatment facility that was in a strategic location or something. Anyways, I managed to sieze the initiative and I almost completely wiped out one of his two Fire Warrior squads in the first turn (he only brought 2, wtf!?). Despite the fact that my chimera was immobilized, it managed to claim 8 fire warriors before it became useless (he took out the turret, and it was at the wrong angle to be able to use its heavy flamer all that well). By turn 5, the chimera was still alive despite taking massed flank fire from a stealth team with a fusion blaster firing at point-blank range, and he was out of fire warriors with which to hold objectives, so all I had to do was hold out until the end of the game (which ended due to server malfunction). Since realistically there was no way he could have won this game, I will call it another victory for the Corvis 08th.

1 comment:

  1. Be glad it was DoW and my first time with Tau. But still, you did well.

    ReplyDelete