Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Break Battle Reports Installment 4:

1,500 vs. Orks (Vassal): Given that this was my first solo game against Orks, I think I did fairly well. By turn 6 I had lost both russes, chimera and almost all of my grenadiers, in addition to my platoon HQ. On turn 3 the Ork player got a mob of Boyz entrenched in one of the objectives (it took several turns of massed, sustained fire to finally wipe them off, and even then it didn't happen until turn 6). One of the highlights of the game was when my grenadiers assaulted a mob of Stormboyz and wiped them out in close combat after two turns and only sustained four casualties (I love carapace armor). The game ended in a draw (1 objective each, one remained unclaimed). All in all, fighting Orks seems to require similar tactics as Marines; massed fire and lots of heavy bolters, autocannons and pie plates. Avoid close combat, and only charge when you know they will. The only difference is that there are more of them, but they generally have worse armor and aim.

No comments:

Post a Comment