Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Break Battle Reports Installment 2:

1,500 points vs. Space Marines (Vassal): I won again. This time we were playing for objectives. I still basically wiped the Marines out, but there wasn't much more to work off of other than that I can, in fact beat Marines consistently.

1,500 points vs. Space Marines (Vassal): This time, we were playing with Dawn of War deployment (for objectives, again). This game ended in a draw, if not because the Marines had no Troops choices left with which to hold objectives while my Grenadiers were just a little too far out to take the enemy objective. Not nearly as much carnage as before (the Marine player was experimenting with Combat Squads), probably because I wasn't able to bring down the pie plates on the first turn like I usually do.

1,250 points vs. Tau: God, what a massacre. That game was a shining example of what happens when a Tau force designed for objectives games is forced into a kill points game against an IG force designed to fight SMurfs and the Tau don't bring any armor. The final score was Guard 7, Tau 2. I don't think I have ever beaten anyone so decisively in 40K before.

Apparently one of the Marine players I regularly play against is now afraid of me and my new build (despite the fact that he has no first-hand experience against it). I can't wait to take him on. Finally, I've found a combined arms list that actually works.

No comments:

Post a Comment